Testing & Commissioning
PG&D provides testing services for analysis and commissioning of a wide variety of electrical power equipment and complete power generation and distribution installations. Our approach includes close collaboration with the Client to ensure that testing criteria and procedures comply with necessary requirements and to meet expected levels of quality assurance.
Our testing professionals are degreed electrical power engineers that have passed professional examinations and have met industry qualifications criteria. Our testing engineers have many years of field hands-on experience working on domestic and international projects. Services include troubleshooting of equipment, resolving operational problems and testing to NETA, ANSI, IEEE and NEMA standards.
- Factory witness and field inspections
- Site acceptance testing and start-up
- Circuit breaker testing, air, vacuum, SF6
- Transformer inspections, testing and commissioning
- Protective relaying testing and programming
- Switchgear testing and commissioning
- Harmonic filter bank testing
- Cable testing technologies
- Ground grid testing
- Battery bank testing and commissioning
- Substation auxiliary systems, SCADA and controls